Monday, August 19, 2013

Well & Sick Check ups!

(July 17th)
We came to St.George for Tynlee's 3yr old checkup..yes we come all that way but hey when you absolutely love you pediatrician, it's totally worth it!
Tyn was actually pretty excited to go!
She thought it was fun getting measured and being weighd so she could stand on the monkey!!
Seriously we really do have the best doctor!
He was so cute when he came into the room!
He was jumping around and telling Tynlee how excited he was that she was there.
Asking her her name and age!
She thought it was hilarious!
She just giggled and giggled!
She was really good about letting him check her!
The only concern that I had with her was pooping!
I talked with him about how she was doing so well with potty training but she seriously will hold her poop for days..and by that time its painful and hard!
He told me it actually was normal..it's a little more common in boys but not to worry!
He told me to start giving her some miralax and that should help soften it and be easier for her to go!
 
So once we got home we started her on it!
It took about 2 days for it to work and by this point she had held it for 2 wks!
But once she went she really went and I could tell that she felt so much better!
She was starting to complain that her back and belly hurt!
After she could see that it doesn't hurt...
We haven't had a problem since!
She has done amazing!
She doesn't go everyday..but atleast everyother day!
Some days I still give her the miralax
but for the most part she hasn't needed it!
She is growing so fast and becoming such a big girl!
She weighd a whopping 29lbs and was 37.4in!!




 Then we have Bo!
The night before we came to St.George...he up during the night...which that NEVER happens!
I figured his ears were bugging him because he wanted to go to sleep but I could tell it hurt to lay down!
So I thought about taking him to the night clinic in St.George but of course I second guessed myself...Why don't I listen to my Mother's intuition more?
I knew Tyn was going to the doctor the next day so I just figured I would see if I could get him in to!
I actually called my sister in law because my niece always gets ear infections to see if she had any numbing drops for the ears!
Thankfully she did and he slept so much better!
After I took Tynlee I came and got Bo and went back!
I couldn't get him into my doctor but the PA saw him and I really like her as well.
It was weird because his eyes were so red and swelling and has a little bit of goop coming out.
She said that viruses will settle somewhere whether it the throat, chest, etc.
His just happened to settle in his ears and eyes!
She said he had a double ear infection and they were really really red!
Broke my heart...I felt so bad because I should have taken him in sooner!
We started on amoxicillin and got more numbing ear drops!
That night he was really bad and I was worried.
So my Dad called a friend over and they gave him a blessing!
So glad I was in St.George...my parents help me a lot!
The next morning he looked a little better and starting sleeping good again...so I knew the antibiotic was starting to kick in!
So sad when they are sick!


Finally looking like my baby again!


No comments: