(Sept 6th)
Today was the day that I finally got to meet my new sweet niece Piper Rose Mangum!
It was a very long 2 days!
Yes I missed her birth and was heart broken over it!
So my Mom called me Tuesday night about 10:30 while I was making cinnamon rolls and said that Jessica's water just broke but she wasn't really having any contractions!
I went back and forth if I should leave right then or not?
Her Midwife had told her if she isn't having much pain then she should try to get some sleep!
So I thought I should be okay for a little bit!
Kit was going to take the day off so I could go down and he would be here to take Tynlee to her first day of School!
Now I must admit I was kind of sad that it was possible that I wouldn't be here on Tyn's first day of school and the thought of Kit doing her hair made me have anxiety!
BUT
Being there for my sister and watching this sweet baby come into the world was way more important to me!
I told my Mom I was going to throw some stuff in a bag and get everything ready for Kit to get Tynlee ready in the morning!
Before I knew it my Mom was in a panic telling me that they were headed to the birthing center and that her contractions were coming fast and hard!
Oh man I freaked left my cinnamon rolls rising and my kitchen a mess and jumped in the car and seriously I was driving so fast!
It was almost midnight and I'm lucky I didn't hit a deer!
Raelee had just made it right before she had to push and was texting me to see where I was at!
Then she said...
"She is at a 7..no 9...she has to push...seriously 2 minutes later..
She's Here"
I screamed outloud in my car
NNNNOOOOOO!!
I hadn't even made it to Cedar yet!
I seriously was so sad and shed a few tears!
Jess was doing a water birth with a midwife and even though I was a little worried about it
I really wanted to witness it and see something different!
And of course be there with my Sister!
Unfortunately she just went so fast that Mike didn't make it for the birth either!
Mom and Raelee said that she did amazing and is super tough!
Really Really wish I was there!
But I guess what matters is that baby is doing amazing and so is Jessica!
She is a lot tougher than me
No medicine and going home only 4 hrs after giving birth!
Since I hadn't even made it to Cedar yet I decided to just turn around and go back home.
That way Kit could go to work and I could see Tyn off to school!
After Tynlee was done with dancing on Friday were off to St.George to snuggle this babe!
Randi had just flown in a few hrs before I got there!
It was nice for all of us to be together and enjoy this precious babe!
So So happy for you Mike, Jess and Karcyn!
She is beautiful and perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment