(Dec 16th -19th) This really is a mothers worst nightmare. On Thursday Dec 13th Brogan woke up with a cough..I thought it was weird considering he was only 8 wks old and I hadn't taken him anywhere..but I just continued to watch it and hoped it wasn't anything. On Saturday he was still coughing and just didn't seem right. He was still eating and sleeping okay but not as good as he was so I had Kit take him in while I stayed with Tynlee.
He called to tell me that he had an ear infection and they took an xray of his lungs and did blood work to rule out phemonia(spelling) and it came back negative..thank goodness! So we got him started on an antibiotic. Then Sunday came and he didn't really sleep that great during the night and he wasn't really fussy he just acted like he couldn't get comfortable and would eat for a second and then stop. I was concerned because he had been on the medicine for 24 hrs by now and didn't see a difference in him. Then Monday morning at 5am he got up to eat and just acted like he couldn't do it so I went to take him into the living room and he threw up everywhere...I started to freak because he NEVER even spits up. So I woke Kit up and said I'm taking him in I just feel like something isn't right. While I threw myself together Kit was putting him in the carseat and he threw up again and off we went!
When I got there the first thing they did was test his oxygen level which was in the 70's and 80's and normal is the high 90's. Then they tested him for RSV and he tested positive. I remember the blood running to my feet...my heart started pounding and the tears came flowing. I couldn't believe it I had been so careful to wash hands keep him away from people and not take him anywhere....but I realized as a parent we can only do what we can do and as much as we try to protect them things just happen.
So they admitted us into the hospital right then and that was where we spent the next 3 days.
Kit stayed home from work and that night he met my mom in Cedar who took Tynlee for a coule of days. Bless her so much especially becaus it was right before Christmas. She had Tynlee for a few days then met my mother in law in Zions who took her for the weekend! It was a huge help for me. I knew she was taken care of and I could focus on getting Brogan better! Thanks to both so so much!
Finally on Wednesday his oxygen level went up and he was off the oxygen for about 8 hrs so they let us go...what a relief! Since Tynlee was with family I spent the next couple days cleaning and disinfecting everything in my house! I took he back to the doctor 2 days later and he looked great..and the doctor gave us the okay to go to St.George for the holiday! YAY!
I bought a nebulizer and continued to give him breathing treatments whenever he sounded weezy but he did so good and I only had to give him a few of them!
Thank you so much to everyone who called and texted to check on our little guy! It was a very emotional and hard couple of days but with prayers, a blessing and wonderful friends and family we are on the road to recovery and he is doing great!
No comments:
Post a Comment