Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Jar!

This year we asked our bishop if there was a family in the ward that could useour Christmas Jar. He told us of a family so we decided the night before we were coming to St.George we would deliver it. Since we didn't have Tynlee we decided to wait a little later that night. It was close to 9:30 and off we went. Kit took off and before I knew it he was coming back. He said they had dogs and they were going crazy and he was afraid that he was going to get caught. I must admit I wasn't to happy about it cause the dogs were inside and I thought he should just drop it on the porch and run...if they come out they come out. So we went back home and he decided he would try again...Fail again. He said it was like they were waiting for him haha! So we decided that we would take it to St.George with us and decide to give it to someone there.
After talking to my parents we decided on a family in my parents ward who is a single mother with 4 kids. She had just lost her job and was struggling to support herself and her kids.
This is such an amazing tradition that my parents started doing with us! I'm so grateful that I'm able to help others in need. I hope and pray that those families that have recieved a Christmas Jar over the years will someday be able to pay it foward to someone else! If you haven't read this book...do it!

No comments: