This post seriously has taken forever..but here we go. A few weeks ago we had the opportunity to go to New York City/Boston for 6 days! It was October23rd-October 29th. So we left on a Sunday and throughout that day I was kind of emotional thinking about leaving Tynlee. I had left her over night before but never this long. All the worst possible things kept popping in my head but I knew that she was in the best of hands with my parents! While I was saying goodbye I started crying like a baby and cried till we hit Mesquite! I finally had to pull myself together and tell myself that she was fine and having fun and that I wanted to really enjoy this amazing trip with my husband and we did just that! The first day we spent mostly traveling through the night...we flew out of Vegas at 10:20PM..arrived in Atlanta at 5:15am had a layover finally left around 7:35am and then arrived in beautiful New York City at 9:45am. It was a long night of flying and we were pretty tired cause really how good of sleep can you get on a plane but we were ready to go! So once we got all the luggage and found our tour bus it was lunch time and we ate at the Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square. We then wandered around this amazing crazy city for a little while and then headed to the Rockefeller Center and got an amazing view of the city. After that we headed over to The Museum of Natural History. Now this day started out amazing and then not so much for me! When we were done touring this amazing museum we were headed back to the bus and Kit wanted to get a drink off of those street carts so I put my camera on the cart to grab my wallet and I FORGOT to pick it back up.
So while we were driving I went to grab my camera to take some pictures and realized it wasn't there. I started panicking and then started crying. I think I was extremly tired from all the traveling and missing Tynlee didn't help the situation. I pulled it together and was excited to walk the Brooklyn Bridge which was beautiful. Thankfully my sweet inlaws were with us and let us borrow there camera since they have been on this tour multiple times so I did get a few pics, but I was sad cause I had just taken Tynlee to the pumpkin patch before we left and I would never get them back! Oh well! Then we headed to dinner and off to get a good night sleep!
If you look at the very top you can see the ball that drops on New Years Eve!
Day 2: We picked up our tour guide and she showed us around New York. We started off at Central Park..Now this place is seriously huge..beautiful and so romantic! She drove us around everywhere we saw the site of the World Trade Center..oops forgot we went to the Bridge this day..Had lunch in china town and did some street shopping..that place is dirty crazy and kind of scary..but has some good things to buy! We drove down Fifth Avenue saw some amazing shops like Vera Wangs first bridal store..saw the crazyness of Wall Street..the LDS temple which was right in the middle of town and doesn't look like a normal temple(how I wish I had pics of all these things) many many more! Then we were dropped off at Times Square again for a couple hours to do what we wanted! We were going to go ice skating at Rockerfeller Center but my sweet husband wanted to take me to Best Buy to buy a new camera! I told him that I could wait till we got home and just buy the diposable ones but he insisted and said "Its your early Christmas Present" Thank you Kit..it definitely made the trip better cause I felt bad taking my inlaws camera and being responsible for it! Then we headed over to the New Amsterdam Theatre for the broadway play of Mary Poppins! It was so GOOD..I loved it! After the play we headed back to the hotel for another good nights sleep!
This is the statue of the guy who wrote the story "Ugly duckling!"






No comments:
Post a Comment