Last year my Dad gave us the challenge to do The Christmas Jar for someone in need. He had read the book and was really touched by it and so was the rest of us! It really is a great book...I think I finished it in 2 days! So Kit and I decided that we wanted to carry on the tradition and I'm pretty sure the rest of my family has to! We buy a jar at the first of the year and fill it up all year long! I'm not gonna lie sometimes we forgot about it...but we got it filled! I know that it looks like there are alot of pennies but hey pennies spend just the same right? I ended up counting it this year and was really pleased with how much money was there...I mean you always wish there was more but I definitely know it was enough to help give these kids a few nice things for Christmas! i wrapped the bills up together and put the larger bills inside of the $1.00 bills...so when they open them it's like a little surprise! This really is a fun tradition that we definitely will carry on for a long time! We chose a family this year that is really struggling and I really wanted it to go to a family with kids. They have 3 kids (one is one of my beehives) and there dad lives away to work...so I know it wasn't a ton of money but I know it was enough to help! I always wish that I could see there reaction when they find this jar on there door with the book...I think a part of you hopes it's appreciated and I'm sure it is! This is definiely a tradition that we will carry on for years and years! If you haven't read this book...I suggest you do! We already have started on next year's jar! I'm so lucky to have such great giving parents..that are always thinking of others!
1 comment:
I have LOTS of guilt... we didnt do one this year! :( our jar only got 1/3 of the way full... blah, atleast ours for next year will be bomb ha!
Post a Comment