Sunday, September 20, 2009

Girls Camp!

This post is really over due but in my defense I lost my chip that had these pictures on it and I just found it and really wanted to have these memories of Girls Camp this year. If most of you don't know I'm the 1st Counselor in the Young Women's Presidency. We went to girls camp the firs of June and as you can see NO TENTS..that's my kind of camping!! We went up the the Zion Ponderosa and it was alot of fun! We stayed in a huge cabin that fit all of us. We did alot of activities( I didn't get pictures of all of them) like hiking, different activities to pass off there certification, Value Walk, Swimming, Guest Speaker, Dancing, Bonfires and eating alot!!The Awesome Cabin we stayed in!

They had bunk beds, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a loft that girls loved!!
Making journals for there certification. This was my station!
We had a bag of random stuff and they had to make a skit using the stuff. They got really creative!
They were fun to watch!
We asked Tyler Millard if he would come up and teach the girls some different dance moves.
Loretta showing off her dance skills!
They really had a fun time!
On our hike we had the most amazing views of Zions National Park!
The girls!
Overlooking Zions! It was really cool!

Us leaders!! Rachel, Me, Loretta, Valerie and Tracy! I think we are just glad we made it!
Swimming time! Especially after a long and hot hike!
The pool there is awesome! They would have stayed there all day if we would have let them!
It was Jodi's Birthday, so we decorated the cabin and had cake and ice cream!
Bonfire night! We played some fun games around the fire!!
Last Day! These are my girls!! Well most of them some had to go home early!!

Our wonderful Jr leaders! These girls really helped us out alot! I really wanted to make this post for my journal purposes because these girls mean alot to me! It can be very overwelming and stressful at times. I hope and pray everyday that I can teach these girls what they need to know to stay strong on there journey threw life! We always have alot of fun and I'm really going to miss them alot when I move!

2 comments:

Raelee said...

Looks alot like my girls camp.......oh wait we did go to the same place!!haha But you guys had a huge place to stay, it looks awesome! I guess it pays off the live in orderville........you have connections:)

Anonymous said...

first of all jamie: GOOD TO SEE YOU CAMPING! 2nd of all---thats not really roughing it! just teasing! haha looks like fun!