Sunday, September 28, 2008

My poor car!

On Saturday Me, Kit and our friends Brandy and Marvin all went over to Cedar City to have dinnner and go to a movie(we went to Lake Terrace very good movie). On our way home it was late and we were driving over Cedar Mountain back to Orderville and this huge, i mean huge 6 point Bull Elk is in the other lane. So Kit slowed down and we thought it would run the other way so we kept going and it got scared and turned on us and tried to jump over my car and landed right on us. I closed my eyes, Brandy screamed and we started to panic. I was sure that it was going to come right threw the windshield and onto my lap, but we were very lucky. As you can tell our windshield is shattered, the passenger side mirror is gone, there is blood and hair on my side of the car and there are dents in the hood(they are kind of hard to see in the picture). The Elk was fine and ran off, but I wasn't It was probally one of the scariest things ever. We were very lucky it could have been worse and everyone is okay. Now I will be driving a rental car around for awhile until my car is fixed, but hey it's better then nothin!!
I needed a new windshield anyways.
We kept driving home after we hit it and you couldn't even see out the windshield.
bye bye mirror.
The evidence of the blood and hair. sick!



11 comments:

Lisa said...

I am so glad that you are alright. It could have been so much worse!!! Cout out blessings, once again!!!

Michelle said...

Holy Crap! That is scary. Elk are HUGE and a BULL none the less!! I'm glad you guys are ok.

The Fauxes said...

Oh my gosh! Sounds frightening. I'm glad you are all okay!

Randi said...

Holy Crap!!!!! I am so glad calm Kit was driving and that you guys are OK. how scary. Gosh Love Ya

DeMille Family said...

WOW! That's crazy! I can't believe how smashed your windshield was! We drive over Cedar mtn. alot looking for Elk and you guys just happened to have one jump on your car, what are the odds! Also happy birthday to Raelee!

Lindsi Morrison said...

Holy Smokes!! Thats nuts! Totally reminds me of Tommy boy though! Im sorry that happened!!

Jeremy, Brandee and Payton said...

wow! how scary! you guys are lucky it wasn't any worse! i really hate to sound so "momish" but... really count your blessings, just like Lisa said!

rickandlaurie said...

What the heck! We didn`t even know this happened. Good things for blogs I guess. We are glad you guys are okay.

White Girl Asian Makeup said...

Holy Cow Jamie!!!!

Bev said...

scarry/ I glad you are all ok.

KayDee said...

oh sad! I would be mad too! But thank heaven's its fixable and not your life or somehting!