Saturday, July 17, 2010

Labor Story!!

Okay so this is going to be really long so you can read it if you want to. Wednesday June 23rd I came to St.George to go to my doctors appt..when I got there they always weigh you and do your blood pressure.. well my blood pressure was high and the nurse even took it 3 different times and had another nurse take it to and it was still high. When I saw the Doctor I told him that I had been having a pain right below my breast smack in the middle and i thought it was my galbladder.. so with his concern of that and my blood pressure he sent me to Labor and Delivery to be monitored for a couple of hours and have blood work done. About 2 hours later of just laying in this uncomfortable hospital bed I had a ultrasound done to see if it was my galbladder. Then my Doctor came in and told me that my galbladder looked fine and that he thinks it's my liver because my blood work came back that my platelets(spelling?) were low and that he was going to keep me over night to be monitored and to collect urine samples for the next 24 hours and have blood work done again and things stayed the same or got worse he was going to start me. I started to cry because I just wanted to go home and I was suppost to have my baby shower on Saturday and just hoped nothing was wrong. I called Kit and my parents and they came and stayed with me for awhile and then went home to sleep. At 5 in the morning the lab came in and took some blood then at 6 in the morning Doctor Lunt woke me up and said things got worse and the platelets were even lower and that he was going to start me because I had Preclampsia(spelling?) and it was very dangerous for me but the baby would be okay but she would just be small. I started crying again and called Kit to tell him we were going to have a baby today! They took me to another room and started the pitosin and this horrible medication called magnesium... this stuff made me very sleepy, loopy, like the feeling of having the flu and made me throw up a couple of times......It's bad stuff. I also had to be on a pain killer for my pain with my liver that would make Tynlee tired. I don't remember times of when I was dialating because I was so out of it but I remember the Doctor broke my water at a 2 and had my epidural at a 5... which I had to have done twice cause the first one didn't work. After the epidural I remember things started to go fast..... and 13 hours of labor Tynlee Marie Goulding was born at 9:34 p.m. When she came out the cord was wrapped around her neck and Kit actually had to cut it off of her neck and then cut it again....because of all the medication I was on it made her really sleepy and feeling the same way that I did.... and she didn't cry forever... The nicu nurses were there and were trying everything to get her to cry but she just looked around with her big eyes. The both of us had to be monitored for the next 24 hrs very closely and I couldn't get out of bed for 2 days because of the magnesium. Anyways I had her on Thursday and they finally let us go home on Sunday because my platelets kept dropping but then they finally went up that was the best news! We stayed in St.George for the first week because Tynlee was a premie and I wanted to be close to the hospital and she had to have blood work done and a doctors appt. Our sweet Tynlee is such a fighter and has done so well and never had to go to the nicu. This was something that I wasn't expecting to happen so soon but it has been so fun to have our sweet daughter in our lives!!! Thanks to everyone for all of your love and support!!

2 comments:

The Wright Family said...

What an amazing story!! I just have to say, sort of a bitter-sweet blessing that she did have to be taken early! Those dang cords!! So sorry you had to go through so much stress and worry, and physical pain and exhaustion, just add that to the list of things, right? :) But they're so worth it, and she is BEAUTIFUL Jamie!! Congrats, I can't wait to meet her!

Hannah Demke said...

wow jamie I am so glad everything turned out ok, it is so nice to have doctors and nurses who know what they are doing. I am glad both of you are doing well... congrats!!