(June 10th)
I have no idea what came over me or why I decided to start potty training Tynlee...but one morning after getting the kids out of the tub I just decided to take a shot and see what happens!
Now I have tried this before a few months ago and it was horrible and I told myself that I wasn't going to try until after her birthday!
I wasn't in a hurry but I knew I needed to start atleast before she started preschool!
The first day we had lots of accidents but I was pretty calm and just thought...I'm not going to give up we are going to go all in this time!
The 2nd day she finally went on the potty...I was so so excited we did all sorts of potty dances...jumped up and down...screamed...gave high fives and called everyone we knew but the rest of the day we had accidents!
But I stuck with it and we kept moving forward!
Day 3 was awesome!
I think I about cried the first time she told me that she wanted to go potty!
After that we had no accidents and I kept thinking...for sure it can't be this easy!
Well...........................peeing wasn't the problem anymore it was going poop!
I think she was terrified to go on the potty and she did go in her panties one time while helping Kit outside!
I did what I did before if she peed her pants and I would spank her and send her to her room.
Now if you know Tynlee...she HATES to be sent to her room probally more than she does getting a spankin.
It worked for her peeing her pants so why not pooping her pants!
So the next while went really well....she peed on the potty everytime but I knew she was holding her poop since she hadn't gone for days!
My brother and his family were coming to stay and I was trying to get things cleaned and ready and I ran upstairs for seriously 20 seconds while I took the sheets off of the bed and came back down and I could smell poop!
I FREAKED out.
She was sitting on the couch so I went over to her and I could tell that she had tried to put her panties back on and when I asked her if she had pooped
she started crying.
I then started freaking out asking her where she pooped and she was just crying scared to tell me!
I did feel bad that she was scared to say but come on I can't have poop lying around in the house!
So after a few minutes she finally showed me and she had gone in my storage room that I had just cleaned the night before and found the smallest spot possible behind the ladder!
All I can say is thank goodness it was hard...so it was an easy clean up!
So I spanked her and sent her to her room!
After that she held her poop for about 5 days!
It was the day of her party and she acted fine!
But once everyone left I could tell she needed to go and just sat her on the potty and talked and talked and talked to her...trying to get her to go!
Doing everything I could think possible!
Then she finally did it!
She POOPED!
Oh man I almost cried I was so so excited!
She was rewarded with a Barbie that I had sitting on her bathroom counter for weeks...just waiting to give it to her once she pooped!!!
I thought we were in the clear..with her seeing how she can poop on the potty and that it's not scary...but we still have issues with her holding it for as long as she can and really making herself sick!
We are definintely working on it...but I can say how so so proud of her I'am!
I really never thought it would be this easy and that it would click so fast!!
I guess it's ture when they say
They are ready when their ready!
So proud of you Tyn girl!
Now stop holding your poop! haha
No comments:
Post a Comment