Sunday, November 4, 2012

Delivery Day!

 I remember thinking this day would never come...but it finally did! My doctor scheduled to induce me on Friday October 19th a week early! So they tell you to be ready because the hospital could call anywhere from midnight to midnight....so of course you kind of think they will call somewhere in the middle of the night but of course things don't always happen the way you think! I couldn't sleep that great because I kept looking at my phone to make sure I hadn't missed the call! I got up that morning and called the hospital about 8:30 am and they told me that I was 2nd on the list. They were in the middle of a csection and the girl ahead of me hadn't been called yet...so if they hadn't heard from me by 11:00 to call back and check in. Kind of disappointed and kind of relieved ( I know i've done it before but I was pretty nervous!) So I got ready double checked my bag again...made sure Tynlee had everything and just hung out. 11:00 came and I hadn't heard anything so I decided to call again....the nurse said that it would be awhile and I could eat a light lunch and they would call when they had a room....I was actually pretty bummed cause I just kept thinking that sitting around and waiting was making me even more nervous....but at 11:30 my phone rang and the nurse told me I could come in and I needed to be there within 30 mins....super nervous I frantically got everything and off we went! I was really sad to leave Tynlee and didn't know how she would react a new baby and seeing me in the hospital but I knew she was in good hands (as you can see) with Mom and Jessica and later Chantry who came over to babysit!

We arrived at the hospital at 12:00pm and the nurses were in the hall waiting for me and telling me to hurry so that my room didn't get taken! I hurried in and they had everything ready and waiting for me! I got changed in to my beautiful gowned and we were ready to go! Since I was Strep B positive they started the antibiotic right away and then shortly they started the pitocin. Dr Lunt came in to check me and I was at a 4+ and 80% thinned out. While waiting the contractions started but they really weren't to bad yet. Then at 1:18 the Doc came in checked me again still at a 4+ and he decided to break my water. Before he left he said you can get your epidural whenever you want. I didn't think I needed it quite yet so I decided to wait...oh man was I wrong. It was the worst pain ever and they didn't let up at all. I called the nurse and told her I needed the epidural ASAP. I was in so much pain (I don't remember it being that painful with Tynlee) and luckily Mom and Jessica walked in right when I was getting ready to get the epidural. Thankfully my Mom was there to comfort me...Kit would have but he really wanted to watch the process (weird I know). I was having contractions like crazy during the prep time and I was freaking out that I would have a contraction while he was giving me the epidural and I was nervous I wouldn't be able to hold still cause the pain was so intense. Luckily that didn't happen and I had my epidural at 2:00. Once it kicked in I was in heaven...how people do it natural is beyond me! So we just hung out and waited. At 2:55 the nurse checked me and I was at a 7...I was pretty surprised!

They wanted to make sure I got 2 doses of antibiotic for the strep B but they can only give it to you every 4 hrs...so at 4:00 they gave me the 2nd dose and Dr.Lunt checked me and I was at a 10 and he was ready to come. So my Doc started squeezing the antibitotic so it would go faster...which kind of burned but not to bad and I didn't care cause I wanted to make sure I got all of it before he was born. If they don't get the antibiotic before they are born then they can be born with amonia and it can be very dangerous for the baby and make them really sick. Once the anitibiotic was done at 4:15 I was ready to push...I pushed a couple of times and Brogan LaFay Goulding was born at 4:28!

This delivery was so different for me cause with Tynlee I was on strong medication and don't remember much from her birth so it was nice to be aware and alert and actually enjoy the birth of my child! He was 7"1 20 inchs long and is so handsome and perfect! We feel so blessed to have him in our family!






39 weeks pregnant!

This is the worst picture of me but I wanted to remember what I was feeling at that time!































Yes that is the placenta! Gross I know! ha!














1 comment:

Jana Sorensen said...

Congrats you guys! That is so exciting and I am glad that everything went well with both you and the baby! It's such an amazing miracle! I like your picture idea, I am always too nervous to take any pics during the process for fear of how horrible I look, but I like the memories, maybe I will do that this time around! He is beautiful. Congrats again!!!