Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Lake Powell!

(September 14th)
Kit's family does a Lake Powell trip every year!
His Aunt and Uncle live in Paige and they have 2 boats and 2 wave runners
and they are nice enough to take us out for the day!
We usually come up the night before and stay with them
but now Jessica and Mike live in Paige so we have somewhere new to stay!
Jessica had just had Piper and they were still in St.George
so they were nice enough to let us stay at their house!
It worked perfect!
Everyone had a bed!
We woke up early that morning, had breakfast and off we went!
Now I must admit that I really didn't want to go because our Anniversary was the next day and I really didn't want to take Brogan!
He doesn't just fall asleep anywhere..he loves his crib
and he is so busy that I was worried that it would be more work keeping an eye on him then it would be fun!
But we braved it and decided to go anyways!
Of course Bo hated the life jacket...I mean who doesn't really?
He loved the boat ride and of course eating the sand and splashing in the water!
He was pretty good to just sit on the beach with me!
Of course he didn't sleep and I tried and tried everything
but nothing seemed to work(the down falls of not nursing...usually puts them right to sleep)
but he was playing with the chair and fell and hit his head pretty hard!
He cried and cried and in the mix of being tired he fell asleep while Kit was holding him!
Yes finally...it only lasted about 45 mins but it's better than nothing!
 
Now Tynlee on the other hand was in Heaven!
She is such a fish and spent most of her time in the water!
If we would have let her she would had gone clear out!
She loved the wave runner and kept telling me to go faster!!!
She had such a fun time playing with cousin Shelby!
They played and played so good together!
She hardly came out of the water unless she had to pee
eat or play in the sand!
It definitely was a fun day in the sun and I'm glad that we ended up going!
Thanks again Brian, Jeanie, Dana and Coleen for the fun day!

















































This picture makes me laugh!
Tynlee and Bo...Typical siblings
and the floating chips! hah

No comments: